Monday 14 December 2015

Vegan Meringue - White kidney beans/Cannellini - 1

[edit:  I have since found out that "white kidney beans" are cannellini beans (also Safaid Lobia in India)]

Meringues made from white kidney bean liquid whisked up has been the best structurally...

But knowing that kidney beans can be a bit of a problem - possibly lectins etc - I decided to quickly boil the liquid from the can of white kidney beans first.  I brought it to the boil and let it boil for about 2-3 minutes.  Then I let it cool and put it in the fridge overnight.

Perhaps this is what all the other attempts need...

I added sugar and vanilla... and a touch of xanthum gum...  and baked at 110 degrees C for an hour or two...



My partner tried one and said they tasted like maltesers!!  I've not had one for a couple of decades so I'll take her word for it.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment