Rose Hill, Oldham, was the meeting-place of a vegetarian society, who were nicknamed the Dumplingites. They were regarded as Socialists. The building was then used by Wesleyans, and in 1841 was acquired by the Mawdsley Street congregation for a Sunday school; in 1864 a school chapel was erected, and in 1870 a separate church was constituted; Nightingale, op. cit. 41.
Townships: Great Bolton, A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 5 (1911), pp. 243-251. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk.libezproxy.open.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53037&strquery=vegetarian Date accessed: 13 January 2011.]